In 2014 very few modern families can rely on a stereotypical 1920s housewife to keep the home fires burning. Yet the domestic workload hasn’t shrunk. Whilst ideally the workload is shared, the reality is for many working women.
Thankfully the Internet is a saviour of sorts; it has created a number of solutions to help us easily outsource some of the domestic workload.
Helpling, an online cleaning platform, has compiled a list of five online services that can help modern families. Whether it’s a one-off in a busy week or a regular part of your repertoire these services will help free up some time.
- Home Cleaning – Helpling – If you want a job done right, sometimes you need to hire someone else to do it! Helpling is a platform connecting Australians in need with local cleaners. The website asks customers to enter their location, cleaning requirements and the required date. Helpling then matches these bookings with local cleaners. Afterwards, cleaners can be rated and re-booked, all at the touch of a button. Helpling is currently available in Sydney but will be expanded later this year.
- Find a babysitter – Babysitter Search – Looking after children can be stressful and demanding and so can finding a babysitter – not anymore! Babysitter Search connects babysitters and parents with a location-based platform. Simply enter your postcode, and in seconds you can find babysitters in your area and browse their credentials and send them a message.
- Home food delivery – Menulog – You’ve had a busy day and the last thing you want to do is cook – let alone clean up the dishes afterwards! Why not order food online the easy way: with Menulog. Menulog connects you with thousands of restaurants that deliver in your area – Thai, Chinese, Italian – you name it!. Enter your postcode, select a cuisine, and then place your order. There are also user speed ratings and a promotions list to help you decide – something you don’t get on food delivery hotlines.
- Stylist services – The Style Agency – Sometimes me-time is put to the wayside when there are so many other errands to complete. Being time-poor can make self-styling a difficult procedure before you go out on the town. So why not outsource this task to an expert? The Style Agency matches men and women’s styling needs with the right expert. Whether you fancy a makeover, a wardrobe review or need a personal shopper to help you out, The Style Agency can help you with all your personal styling duties.
- Handyman services – Hire a Hubby – So you’ve got a leaking roof, a broken fence or some patchy painting? How are you supposed to make time for these jobs in amongst working fulltime, doing the laundry, feeding the family, helping with homework, and at least trying to maintain a social life? Why not outsource these jobs to a handyman with Hire a Hubby. This online platform provides ‘Hubbies’ who can get your odd jobs done.